PLEASE NOTE: We are not eligible to accept students from the states of New York, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina, Delaware, South Carolina, Alabama, Virgin Islands, Indiana, Pennsylvania and Maryland in degrees powered by Vanguard University
The Bachelor of Arts in Theology with a concentration in Ministry and Leadership is designed for individuals who are involved in church or parachurch activities, and who wish to gain knowledge to improve themselves personally and professionally. Upon graduating, students will be prepared for graduate studies and/or to take a leadership role in their community.
The degree is offered online with some face-to-face opportunities for learning, networking, and hands-on experience. All of Jakes Divinity School students will have face-to-face residency opportunities twice a year. The first is during the International Leadership Summit each spring of a given degree program. Students will arrive on site of the summit the Sunday evening prior and remain for a week until the end of the summit. The second residency will likely take place in Dallas, TX, at Jakes Divinity School in the fall of each year.
A truly hybrid learning experience, your classes will combine online learning sessions that are accessible according to your schedule as well as face to face class-time and live video conferencing. Because a Jakes Divinity School experience is paramount, we will also be offering specialized Jakes’ micro-courses throughout your degree journey. These courses will be taught by our very own JDS faculty and special lecturers during the week of the International Leadership Conference.
Packaged in manageable 5-week courses, you will be able to concentrate on one course at a time while you continue to fulfill your role in ministry or the professional world.
Theology Major Requirements (124 Units)
General Education Credits Required: 49
Major Units Earned in Degree Program: 51
Elective Units: 24
• Theology of Church Mission and Ministry
• Critical Thinking and Writing for Ministry
• Church History
• Research Methods for the Study and Preaching of the Scripture
• The Ministry of Preaching and Teaching
• Leadership in Christian Organizations
• Management in Christian Organizations
• Foundations of Christian Ethics
• Theological Themes of the Old Testament
• Research Methods for the Study of Christian Organizations
• Theological Themes of the New Testament
• Pastoral Care and Counseling
• The Ministry of the Spirit in the Church
• 1 Corinthians: The Church in an Urban Setting
• Conflict Management
• The New Testament and Contemporary Christian Issues • Change Theory and Strategic Planning in Christian Organizations
|General Education:||49 units||$415 per unit||$20,335|
|Electives:||24 units||$415 per unit||$9,960|
|Major:||51 units||$525 per unit||$26,775|
Estimated tuition costs based on 2020-2021 tuition rates.