Forming leaders for innovative ministry in the Church and society.
Our mission, at the Jakes Divinity School, is to prepare men and women for excellence in both local and global ministry, as guided by the power of the Holy Spirit and with faithfulness to Jesus Christ.
We aim to fulfill this commitment to ministry through the following:
- Undergraduate and graduate education,
- Professional and continuing education,
- Spiritual formation,
- And strategic partnerships.
All of our divinity programs strive to glorify God through excellence.
Jakes Divinity School degree programs are designed, in various ways, to help students:
- Develop praxis-oriented ministry vocations;
- Cultivate a Christian worldview;
- Form spiritually;
- Integrate faith and learning;
- Form a biblical foundation;
- Nurture creative intelligence to minister in a complex world;
- Infuse intellectual and practical skills;
- Explore cultural diversity;
- Participate in applied learning experiences;
- Train in expertise in the subject area, on the level of the divinity school degree – according to national standards for top divinity schools in the U.S.
As one of the best divinity programs, these objectives contribute to developing the whole person for lifelong learning and life-mapping.